Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spoiler Effectiveness (Read 894 times)
10th Feb, 2010 at 12:57pm

FSafranek/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
FFDS Co-Founder
Escondido, CA, USA

Hi guys.

I'm playing with Alphasim's B-1B and am trying to make the spoilers more effective as airbrakes.  When I deploy them the currect effect is about as much as putting your hand out the window -- nice gesture but little effect.  In reality that are pretty big surfaces and should have a good deal of effect for slowing things down.  I did a search for "spoiler effectiveness" and found this thread (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register) but it has more to do with ailerons.

Any help is appreciated.

Frank Safranek - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 10th Feb, 2010 at 1:42pm

Au-MaV   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

Hi Mate
You can fix it in the airfile much easier.As a rule entry 1101 in the drag section cd_ds drag spoiler, There is also an edit in the lift section and pitch
for the spoilers.That said some airfiles have the !FS2K entries down the bottom of the air file,cant remember the numbering but its in the higher than  1538
these are separate entries for the params in the 1101 section which supersede the 1101 entries
Wozza

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 10th Feb, 2010 at 8:00pm

FSafranek/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
FFDS Co-Founder
Escondido, CA, USA

Thanks Wozza.  I'll look into that.  Cool

Frank Safranek - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print