Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Main FFDS Site Down (Read 2636 times)
3rd Mar, 2010 at 12:39pm

Tom/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Jets are for kids!

Hi all,

Yes, the main site has gone down.  There has been a problem contacting the owner of the web site (a previous FFDS member), and thus there has been no way to transfer the site to any new person.  The member who was providing the money for the old site has been hit hard by the economic downturn, as have the rest of us.  Thus, (for now) the site will be down until/unless Felix is able to make other arrangements (AFAIK).  Hopefully that won't be too long.

Take care,

Tom Gibson

California Classic Propliners: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

AlcoHauler Locomotive Page: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

San Diego Model RR Museum: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 3rd Mar, 2010 at 3:11pm

FSafranek/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
FFDS Co-Founder
Escondido, CA, USA

In the meantime if you want to add a link to the FFDS Forum to
your browser bookmarks or "favorites" you can use this URL...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Frank Safranek - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 4th Mar, 2010 at 7:33pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

And FFDS will now be Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 6th Mar, 2010 at 6:59am

Mark958   Offline
LDV Engineer
I'm still learning.
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia

Are you going to be able to get everything from the old site? I'd hate for you to lose everything.

Mark

Be happy! Life's too short not to be!

Core i7 870, 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM, Nvidia 1280MB GTX470, 24" LCD, 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 500GB HDD & 1 x 320GB External HDD, Windows 7 Professional 64bit
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 6th Mar, 2010 at 10:15am

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Mark958 wrote on 6th Mar, 2010 at 6:59am:
Are you going to be able to get everything from the old site? I'd hate for you to lose everything.

Mark

No problem there.  It's going to be more of a problem to change the images from "com"  to "org" ....

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 6th Mar, 2010 at 4:37pm

hairyspin   Offline
Point Pusher
A font of useless information
18 inches from this monitor

Excellent news, phewwwww!

Tom

CFS3 modeller
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 6th Mar, 2010 at 10:21pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Getting there.  At least the main pages are up. .....

Now to start on the files... see what needs relinking and fixing....

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 7th Mar, 2010 at 9:16am

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

All main site files should be up.

Let me know of any broken links.....

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 7th Mar, 2010 at 9:18pm

Mark958   Offline
LDV Engineer
I'm still learning.
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia

That's great! Nice to know that you still have it all. Sorry that you had a lot of work to do to get it all back up and online again Felix. Well done!

This bit I found interestin though :- UPDATE March 16, 2010. In my part of the world it only the March 8, 2010. I don't know how you managed to get 8 days ahead of me. Did you make a "Tardis" with FSDS and use it to go to the future? Grin

Just kidding! Well done.

Mark

Be happy! Life's too short not to be!

Core i7 870, 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM, Nvidia 1280MB GTX470, 24" LCD, 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 500GB HDD & 1 x 320GB External HDD, Windows 7 Professional 64bit
IP Logged

Reply #9 - 18th Mar, 2010 at 7:38pm

lionheart   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Phoenix Arizona

Good job Felix!  Looks like it transferred over nicely.

<-- two thumbs up

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print