Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Inserting an ATIS frquency at an airport in FS2004 (Read 2893 times)
3rd Mar, 2010 at 5:47pm

BaiterOne   Offline
Polygon Twister
Kildare, Ireland

Hi,

If an airport in FS2004 appears to have an ATIS Frequency, seen to be the case by using AFCAD 2.21 by Lee Swordy, should the airport information then be issued automatically once tuned to that frequency and in range (sitting on the apron of the airport as an example)?

The airport in question, Riga (EVRA) in Latvia in the default FS2004 version has an ATIS at 121.20, which is correct, shows up on the ATC Menu and can be heard perfectly.

However I wish to use an updated version of Riga, found on www.lv-vacc.org, the Latvian VATsim site, attributed to a Matthew Ministry (with no direct contact details). According to AFCAD 2.21 this version also has the ATIS at 121.20 - but it cannot be heard in the sim, nor does it show up on the ATC Menu.

AFCAD 2.21 says everything is fine and yet no pleasant voice telling me which runway will be in use!

Is there anything the author might have done within the other features of his EVRA afcad to prevent the ATIS working?

Thanks

BaiterOne

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 4th Mar, 2010 at 12:27am

Fr. Bill   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Actually, IIRC that is one of the things Lee didn't get quite right.

Try loading that file in ADE9X and List the Coms to see if it is correctly coded.

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 4th Mar, 2010 at 2:10am

BaiterOne   Offline
Polygon Twister
Kildare, Ireland

Thanks Fr Bill

downloaded, installed and ran ADE9X - a very nice program too.

Loaded Riga and the ATIS in Comms looks just fine.

BaiterOne

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 4th Mar, 2010 at 1:03pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Okay, now remove the ATIS freq and create it again using ADE9X, then compile it. Be sure to disable/remove the original AFCAD before testing though.

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 4th Mar, 2010 at 2:25pm

BaiterOne   Offline
Polygon Twister
Kildare, Ireland

Hi Fr Bill,

I opened the EVRA bgl file using 'open airport from bgl' - it showed up fine.

I had to clear up a few minor issues found by the Fault Finder.

I deleted the ATIS from the Comm and then tried to overwrite the existing bgl file using 'Compile Airport'.

This is my result:-

ScruffyDuck Scenery Design Engine Compiling
Using FS9 BglComp....

Parsing document: D:\Games\Flight\FS2004\Addon Scenery\Riga\Scenery\AF2_EVRA.xml

ERROR C2034: XML Parse Fatal Error (line, column, error)

ERROR: 178, 21, Illegal xml character.

ERROR C2470: Unrecoverable error parsing XML!
ERROR C2006: Parse failed (0x80004005)
ERROR C2003: Failed to process file: D:\Games\Flight\FS2004\Addon Scenery\Riga\Scenery\AF2_EVRA.xml

It showed the same result when I physically deleted the original bgl before compiling.

I can see no way of examining an XML file to see what is in the line mentioned.

Any thoughts?

AFCAD 2.21 allows me to delete the ATIS and reinsert it, without any good results, by the way!

Find Faults in AFCAD didn't manage to find the errors that ADE9X found - obviously much stricter rules in ADE9X.

Thanks

BaiterOne

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 5th Mar, 2010 at 11:05am

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Okay, this is the point where you simply must take your problem directly to the official support forum at FS Developer, because I don't have a clue myself:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Fr. Bill
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 5th Mar, 2010 at 11:23am

BaiterOne   Offline
Polygon Twister
Kildare, Ireland

Thanks for the referral, Fr Bill.

I will have a look down that forum - it's always great to find yet another source of information.

BaiterOne

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print