Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HMS Drake uploaded (Read 904 times)
30th Mar, 2010 at 6:14pm

J_MacKay   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Ohio

Hi folks,

I recently uploaded a copy of the HMS Drake over at flightsim.com. So far, it's gotten 863 downloads. I had also put the model up in the new SOH add-on section and it's been downloaded 102 times. This is about as good as I could have hoped. But I also discovered a little bit of the darkside of freeware. I discovered that a website called FSdownxxxxx had also put up a copy of my model without ever getting permission to do so. They even published the readme file  which clearly states that the model isn't suppose to be re-distributed without written permission.

I wrote to this website telling them to remove my files from their library. I'm not too surprised that I've not gotten any response and my files haven't been removed.

My question to the freeware developers in the group. Is this a common occurrence?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 30th Mar, 2010 at 10:29pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Unfortunately, it is nearly 100% common. There are altogether too many people in the world these days with no moral sense or ethics...  Sad

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print