Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TBL 501 (Read 991 times)
31st Mar, 2010 at 11:28pm

atc4usaf   Offline
Point Pusher
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi guys, just looking for some info on this table.  I understand it's piston torque vs RPM, but I'm wondering how each vertical line is graduated.  Is it in % of defined RPM, or RPM values themselves (ie.: 0, 500, 1000, 1500, etc)?  Then what is the multiplier to get the proper torque values.

Trying to get a P&W R1340 engine in line with the RPM/HP/Torque values correct.

Thanks,

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 8th Apr, 2010 at 4:36pm

jimslost   Offline
LDV Engineer
The more I learn, the
less I know

I'm green with envy; I've been trying to get rpm/hp/torque (and BMEP) values for the 1340 and -985 for months.

Are my .air files incomplete?  In mine, torque coefficient vs RPM is field 508.   

For freeware, I use Jerry Beckwith's Mudpond_Test_panel.  With this excellent tool installed in my 2d panel, I get readouts of pretty much any parameter imaginable, including torque and HP.  Then it's just a matter of hit-n-miss adjusting things till the appropriate readings line up with my power graphs (or whatever data source I can dig up).  I can get pretty close when I can get enough source data. 

hope this helps.
j

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 12th Apr, 2010 at 2:18pm

atc4usaf   Offline
Point Pusher
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I use AFSD from Herve Sors.  That is a very nice tool as well.

Yes, 508 is basic torque coefficient Vs. RPM; but 501 has to do with the Torque lost due to friction per Cyl / or turboprop friction overall (maybe due to the gear reduction?)

But the problem is that torque is a product of both of these and they act in conjunction with one another.  So, as you said, it's just hit and miss with the trial-and-error.

I was trying to see what the x-axis is graduated in.  Like other tables are in .20 Mach incriments, or you can set them yourself.

After a lot of trial and error, I finally got close enough for my tastes.

Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print