Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
C167C (Read 1634 times)
2nd Apr, 2010 at 7:55pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
visible in range

C167C was the callsign i was given the first time i did an ATC session a few years back and this is the first
aircraft i painted with that on the side , this was done with FSD's Tim on gauges and Steve taking care of the FDE with me on model and textures. 

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 3rd Apr, 2010 at 2:41pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Simply gorgeous, Chuck! I need my  Cool to cut down the glare...  Grin

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 4th Apr, 2010 at 11:35am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

I started doing multiple falloff maps to control the customized reflect mapping for this series of skins , the specular mapping
and the size of those maps is different for each paint , the blue is 64X64 and they work their way up to 512 X512 with bumps the full size 2048's.
The Diffuse Alpha is set to control the degree of reflectivity and the specular alpha used to determine the specularity of a given material type ( metal / paint ) or crusted grunge .
There was a self imposed limit of 2, 2048's for the exterior and another 2 of the same size for the interior + a sheet for labels and three that
attend to the different glass colors , window decals and light effects , i don’t use .fx files for those anymore preferring bloom in their place
as that form can be used inside and outside of the model and you can control the intensity and color for all applications, including the landing gear lights seen glowing on the panel.  
« Last Edit: 4th Apr, 2010 at 2:08pm by Chuck Jodry »  

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 5th Apr, 2010 at 8:12pm

J_MacKay   Offline
Ohio

Looks fantastic ... but that's what we've come to expect. Looks like every nut and bolt and rivet is modeled. I have visions of someone rolling a copy of the actual plane into your backyard and you going out with rulers and dividers and measuring "everything."

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 6th Apr, 2010 at 12:03pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Quote:
Looks fantastic ... but that's what we've come to expect. Looks like every nut and bolt and rivet is modeled. I have visions of someone rolling a copy of the actual plane into your backyard and you going out with rulers and dividers and measuring "everything."

Chuck has a 3D Scanner.......

All kidding aside, there are two things to consider - not only are the model and textures riveting to see, but the composition of the screenshots just brings out the art!

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print