Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
RepaintManagerX - add/remove repaints easily! (Read 5066 times)
Reply #15 - 19th Apr, 2010 at 7:31pm

PutPut   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I have a life; I still
use FSDS!
Long Beach, Ca.

I've had Win 7 since day one but never installed it.  Never had Vista with it's slightly different UAC.  Maybe this is one of those cases (like FSDS) where one should not install FSX in Program Files, but in it's own folder?
I'm still running XP SP-3 and maybe I'll just stick with it as the plethora of applications I constantly use all work.

WinkPaul

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 19th Apr, 2010 at 8:56pm

DaveNunez   Offline
YaBB Moderator
Seattle, Washington

Interesting yes - I have FSX installed not in the program files dir, so I did not see this issue. It's actually a hefty problem! I guess if I were trapped in this dilemma, I would rather run RMX as admin, and lose the drag and drop feature. Unfortunately not much I can do. If you do need to reinstall FSX one day, I would recommend you put it somewhere else!

I will update the next version of the manual with information on these issues.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
&&
IP Logged

Reply #17 - 19th Apr, 2010 at 10:16pm

DaveNunez   Offline
YaBB Moderator
Seattle, Washington

Have written up some ideas on how to work around this issue:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
&&
IP Logged

Reply #18 - 20th Apr, 2010 at 12:22am

Vitus   Offline
Polygon Twister
Spaghetti-code producer
Auckland, New Zealand

Hey Dave,
very well then.  I don't have a problem with that. Even without the drag&drop functionality it is still an ingenious program! I just wanted to make you aware of the issue  Wink
Have a great day,
Vitus

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 20th Apr, 2010 at 2:28am

DaveNunez   Offline
YaBB Moderator
Seattle, Washington

Well, stay tuned for the next version, out in a couple weeks  Wink

&&
IP Logged

Reply #20 - 5th Jul, 2010 at 7:08pm

BrandonF   Offline
Point Pusher
The Future of Flight
Earth...Duh!!!

Looks like a very cool little tool. But I stick to the old fashioned way of installing repaints. I don't trust any software to do this kind of stuff for me.  Grin

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU  E7200 @ 2.53GHz | 4GB RAM | two NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT | Windows 7 64 bit | FSX Acceleration
IP Logged

Reply #21 - 6th Jul, 2010 at 4:17pm

DaveNunez   Offline
YaBB Moderator
Seattle, Washington

Oho a skeptic! Well, I admit there are sometimes when it fails, but I get about 95% success with it (I got very, very tired of doing these by hand). The new version (coming soon!) Fixes a few more bugs (with non-ASCII characters to support non-English repaints better), and also a 'install/remove aircraft' feature.

&&
IP Logged

Reply #22 - 6th Jul, 2010 at 5:04pm

BrandonF   Offline
Point Pusher
The Future of Flight
Earth...Duh!!!

Maybe I'll have to try it sometime.  Wink

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU  E7200 @ 2.53GHz | 4GB RAM | two NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT | Windows 7 64 bit | FSX Acceleration
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print