Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ground Hopping trouble (Read 1039 times)
2nd May, 2010 at 11:41am

killworks   Offline
Spline Extruder
Pushing Points....pushing

I am working my CFM Streak Shadow over from FSX to run in Fs9.

It flys great and handles fine on the ground in FSX.

But after compiling for FS9 i can't get off the ground in FS9

it starts to roll then starts to hop then crashes through the ground.

The contact points are right, the static and max compresion are correct

I have played with the damping but I can't get it to stop hoppping around.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 2nd May, 2010 at 1:42pm

Au-MaV   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

Hi
Not being able to see what sort of hopping your having(mad ,bunny ,carefree Cheesy )  my first suggestion is to check the MOI values in the aircraft.cfg
check the values you have in there against a default thats close to your porject size and mass,also check the weights are in the ball park.To low a moi will cause the aircraft shake and hop but so will a heap of other things
Wozza

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 8th Jul, 2010 at 10:14am

atc4usaf   Offline
Point Pusher
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I know you said the Static Compression values are correct, but it sounds like they are a bit to stiff.  Try lowering the value by .05 until it stops bouncing.  The damping values are used to define how quickly the strut will return to its undisrupted rigidity.  Like if you jam on the brakes while you're taxing, the nose will dip and then come back up to rest.  The damping sets how much oscillation you'll have before everything settles down.

Maybe what works in FSX needs tweaked in FS9.  I've noticed this in moving aircraft between the programs.  No idea why...  Sad

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print