Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to set Chrome or Mirror texture in Kfg file? (Read 2326 times)
6th May, 2010 at 9:54pm

topmixed   Offline
LDV Engineer
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!<br
/>
Hong Kong

Dear All,

Anybody know that how to set Chrome or Mirror texture in Kfg file?

Thanks

Gordon

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 6th May, 2010 at 10:18pm

topmixed   Offline
LDV Engineer
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!<br
/>
Hong Kong

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 7th May, 2010 at 1:10am

DaveNunez   Offline
YaBB Moderator
Seattle, Washington

Man, that is looking nice!

I would use the same basic settings you are using for the fuselage shine, except that the alpha value for the texture would be pure black (or pure white, I may have that backwards).

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
&&
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 7th May, 2010 at 12:50pm

FSDSMAN   Offline
LDV Engineer
This was ment to be fun
The Garden Of England

As I emailed you - you can texture the part on a SEPERATE texture 64 x 64 will do and in the material properties in FSDSTweak select your reflective texture as global environment chrome and not the usua - you can use the same texture for all chrome parts providing that the have the same reflective power required in the siml. You could also do this for the glass but with global environment AC glass etc if required and turn the value or power up to 0.8. You can also set a default material spec value rather than doing seperate spec maps.
Hope that helps
Regards

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 18th May, 2010 at 3:31am

topmixed   Offline
LDV Engineer
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!<br
/>
Hong Kong

Any special name for matreial in FSDS F2?
Any special setting in FSDSxTweak?
Do I need "spec" file?
What color should I set and what color for alpha chanel?
Very confusing and try a lot! Cry

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 18th May, 2010 at 3:33am

topmixed   Offline
LDV Engineer
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!<br
/>
Hong Kong

Anybody please help! Just give me an example file! I don't want to spend one month for try again and again! Undecided

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 13th Nov, 2010 at 1:03am

FSDSMAN   Offline
LDV Engineer
This was ment to be fun
The Garden Of England

You do not need a special file. Just map it to a seperate texture as I said then in Tweak set the properties for that texture as "global environment AC Chrome" in the reflective map. This is the reason to map all textures that require this enhancement on a seperate texture that the normal gear maps. 0.8 enviroment scale works for me. You can add spec etc but it does not make that much difference.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print