Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Semi-transperent matt plastic for gear lever (Read 683 times)
11th May, 2010 at 4:34am

topmixed   Offline
LDV Engineer
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!<br
/>
Hong Kong

Dear all,

I just wonder and want to find out, in the FSDSXTweak, how to set the material as FSDS "F2"?

So far, we can set the material become matt or shinny, we can even set very strong white color spot highlight!
However, we can only set a name only, do you know how to do it in FSDSXtweak?

I found that I could only made something become transparent and add some reflective from envornment!
That all! That is not enough!

E.g. I want to set something look like transperent matt plastic for the gear lever, it should have some reflective light and spot highlight and semi-trasparent but no any envornment reflection.

Have you try to set this before?

Thanks!

Gordon

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 11th May, 2010 at 8:58pm

DaveNunez   Offline
YaBB Moderator
Seattle, Washington

You can manage a lot of the material properties, but your part needs to be textured in order to be tweakable. So I would begin with a by texturing with a bitmap of the plastic colour you want, and then tweak that. Bring up FSDSxTweak_Edit (must be version 2.2 or later):

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Begin by hitting 'set transparent' button on the right. You may need to play with alpha on the texture to get the right amount of transparency. Now turn off all the options in the 'Environment reflections' box.

If you want to give a hint of shininess, you can play with the Base Color settings (left top), especially the specular settings.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
&&
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print