Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I need help with settings (Read 925 times)
19th Jul, 2010 at 6:06am

Eagle_54   Offline
Point Pusher
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I am pretty new to all of this painting stuff (especially on all these trippy maps!) and I am wondering if someone can show me a correct example on how to set up FSDSxTweak. What I am trying to do is have a surface with shine and bump details and fresenel effect. I did manage to make a weak reflection with the diffuse map with almost purely white alpha. Now I am trying to figure out how to make a bump map(which I accomplished before) and specular map with a fresenel effect. Seems like every time I try to do this I end up with a chrome like look and I am not sure where it comes from. Can some on upload a screen shot ? or explain the settings to me. Another question I have as well for the shine to come through on the part of the specular map is the darks the shine part or the white part? While I am asking questions can anyone explain to me the Ambient , Diffuse, Shininess and displacement maps like what they all do and when do you use them.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 19th Jul, 2010 at 11:51am

PutPut   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I have a life; I still
use FSDS!
Long Beach, Ca.

The most concise explanation of the various maps is in the SDK.  Look at the teapot and it shows you the effects of the various maps.  How to prepare the maps  is another matter.  Dave has a tutorial on making a bumb map in Gimp.  I don't use Gimp that much but the same factors apply to PSP and Photoshop.  Unfortunately, most of my success with specular shine, reflections, night maps etc., has been learned by trial and error.

Cheers,  Paul

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print