Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
[WIP] Bell 222 (Read 1566 times)
21st Jul, 2010 at 2:11am

euroastar350   Offline
Point Pusher
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi all,

A shot of my current work in progress. Previously started by Alan Devins around 2005-2007 and is currently being finished off by me and a small team I gathered. The model originally started life in 3DS Max and was converted to gmax by me using the BFF exporter and the 3DS file format. Right now, all animations have to be redone as they came out wonky during the export process. Furthermore, parts on the landing gear and flight controls have to be put back into there original places as they were misplaced during the conversion.

So far, I have the right main landing gear fixed and working (in gmax, not the sim). I also remapped the fuselage as I don't have the original mappings Alan created when he built the model.

The plan for this project is to model all versions of the 222 including the Allison 250-C30G2 powered 230 for FS9 and FSX, FS9 first on the drawing board. The 430 and Airwolf is not on the books as that requires a major redesign in the structure. Maybe later in the future.

Once the exterior is complete, I'll start updating the virtual cockpit, etc.

More info to follow Wink
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 21st Jul, 2010 at 6:22pm

Ahmad310   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!
Cincinnati Ohio

looks great!! cant wait for this one!

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 12th Aug, 2010 at 9:08pm

BrandonF   Offline
Point Pusher
The Future of Flight
Earth...Duh!!!

A lot has been done since the last update. The landing gear works, the fuselage has been remapped, issues have been resolved, rotor blur state added, etc. Please enjoy the latest screenshot.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Cool

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU  E7200 @ 2.53GHz | 4GB RAM | two NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT | Windows 7 64 bit | FSX Acceleration
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 26th Feb, 2011 at 9:30pm

BrandonF   Offline
Point Pusher
The Future of Flight
Earth...Duh!!!

For all the latest updates on the project, visit Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU  E7200 @ 2.53GHz | 4GB RAM | two NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT | Windows 7 64 bit | FSX Acceleration
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print