Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Autopilot Pitch Problem (Read 1652 times)
9th Aug, 2010 at 9:54pm

BriansJet   Offline
Spline Extruder
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Am redesigning a custom aircraft (a Mach 2+ fighter) and managed to adjust the flight dynamics for better maneuverability. Part of this involved moving the wing centre of lift/position rearward. The aircraft flies very well but now a new problem has developed with the autopilot - namely, it's really difficult to maintain a selected altitude when engaged. Although there is always some degree of hunting around with autopilots, this one now just keeps heading in whichever direction the trim is set, for thousands of feet; e.g., even a very slight upward pitch keeps the aircraft heading gradually upward, passing far beyond the point at which altitude setting indicator moves to reflect the chosen altitude once that has been attained. Hope this description makes sense. I've traded autopilot sections for the default Lear and 777, along with their respective airfile components, into this aircraft without any change. I've also adjusted the pitch trim entry in the airfile, with little effect once the autopilot is engaged. Any suggestions are most welcome.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 9th Aug, 2010 at 10:17pm

Au-MaV   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

Hi
Move the center of lift back to where it was Smiley to get the maneuverability back play with the pitch and roll in section 1101 of the airfile,mainly the control and damping sections
up the control number or drop the damping.
Wozza

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 10th Aug, 2010 at 5:24am

BriansJet   Offline
Spline Extruder
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Tried that and after a little bit more work, everything works again. Many thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print