Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is it possible to make city lights flash? (Read 1125 times)
10th Aug, 2010 at 9:17pm

J_MacKay   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Ohio

I've been asked to make a flight sim video about the 1934 MacRobertson air race from London to Melbourne. One of the more interesting events from the story of the race involves the KLM DC-2 and the Australian town of Albury. The DC-2 had gotten lost in a thunderstorm. People on the ground learned that the plane was in trouble and the plane needed help in figuring out where it was at. The local postal clerk gets a brilliant idea, goes to the local power station, and by turning  the power to the street lights on and off, flashes the name of the town A ._, L ._.., B _..., U .._, R ._., Y_._ _  in morse code to the plane. Then a local radio station puts out a call to the town for everyone with a car or truck to go to the local race track, where they line all the vehicles up along the sides and they have them all turn their headlights on so the plane can land on the field.

So my question to the scenery folks is - Can you do something with scenery to make town lights turn on and off? Or is this something that needs to be done in post-production. Using FSRecorder I might be able to fly  across some custom scenery where all the lights are on and then re-do the flight with all the lights off and then in post-production blend the two videos to make it look like the lights are flashing on and off.

Any suggestions are welcome. Filming will probably be done in FS9

Thanks

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 11th Aug, 2010 at 9:22am

Fr. Bill   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

I personally don't know of a way, but to be perfectly honest the scenery guru's mostly congregate at FS-Developer...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print