Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Supertransparency (Read 1171 times)
2nd Oct, 2010 at 4:58am

hannesvdh   Offline
Point Pusher
Filled up!
Lake Constance

Hi out there,

I have a question, regarding textures on a project I work on with FSDS 3.5.1 / FS9. The texture is non-reflective because I want to have a part of it transparent, a circular cut out in an ADI instrument. I made 32-bit with Alpha Channel black for the cut out, the rest is white, no aliasing (grey tones), material default, opaque, no specular power. In FS the cut out is transparent as it should be, but there is a one pixel wide "supertransparent" ring around the cut out, that means you can not only look through the instrument, but through the whole aircraft and see the sky or ground structure. I experienced the same at some decals I made on the outside model, at least I omitted the decals there. In a former project, I did with FSDS 3.0 with the same texture, this didn't happen. It also does not happen if I use transparent squares/rectangles. Has anyone an idea how I can get rid of this?

Hannes

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 14th Oct, 2011 at 8:45pm

andyjohnston.net   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Good Grief

You could try making the alpha one or two pixels wdier, and see what happens.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print