Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
API FSX (Read 1006 times)
10th Oct, 2010 at 12:10am

Bushpounder   Offline
Spline Extruder
Nothing beats good bush!
USA

Hi guys. I started back doing a little bit of scenery design and ran into a problem. Of course it doesn't make sense to me. I used FSDS2.5 to make my macros (api's) over the years. I made a scenery in FSX and tried some of my old api's and they worked fine. Then I tried a couple of others, and naturally there was a problem. The scenery designer will place them and they will show just fine. However, if ones pans around a bit, the textures disappear and then return and as one swings around the buildings the textures just keep coming and going. (the building turns to solid black) I then went over and made new textures and a new building and it did it again. No go, same on and off textures. I do have the new FSDS, but an api cannot be made, so I am at a loss there. What could be causing this? BTW .... my buildings are very simple and uncomplicated, consisting of basically a rectangular box, a one piece roof and a simple porch. These are not 600 foot terminals!! Any ideas, and also how can I make a building in FSDS3.5 and save them in a usuable form like the old api's were? Thanks for any info, help or place you can send me. This was going so well!! Thanks again for any help.

Don

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 11th Oct, 2010 at 10:14pm

Bushpounder   Offline
Spline Extruder
Nothing beats good bush!
USA

Got it fixed! I deleted the scenery and started over and all is well. Something must have been corrupt or something, but all the buildings fine now.  Smiley

Don

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print