Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stranger in a Strange Land ... (Read 1600 times)
17th Feb, 2011 at 9:59pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

of sorts.....

I finally broke down and a) compiled a model  b) connected the control stick and c) fired up FS both 2004/and -X (not at the same time!)

Aaaah the joys of "wha'  happened here?" 

MOdel won't unstick ...  (dork, you really screwed up the house - that COG is so far forward, it's almost right over the front gear!) 

What happened to the textures, they showed all right in FS2004!  (did you move the textures to the texture folder?  No, Hmmm....)

Hint:  just because you have ACM, AAM, Air Wrench doesn't mean you know what you're doing - stick to a known air/config file. make sure that the freakin'  model actually shows up in FS before starting on the engine, weights ... ad nauseam...

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 18th Feb, 2011 at 9:50am

Fr. Bill   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Those of us who're forced to work with Max and/or GMax and have to "set stuff up manually" rarely have those particular problems...

...we have entirely different ones to contend with! Grin

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 18th Feb, 2011 at 10:45am

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

My problems started precisely BECAUSE I started tweaking things manually ... moving the engine locations, fuel tank locations, tweaking the contact points ... etc etc etc...

The next step was a new compile on a "clean" set of flight dynamics files ... then start from there.

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 15th Oct, 2011 at 1:25pm

lionheart   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Phoenix Arizona

An element to becoming great in what you do is failure.  Failures show you things, cause you to fight harder, and reveal new strategies.  Albert Einstein said; 'If you have no failures, you havent tried anything new'.

Wink

Keep at it Felix.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print