Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Model file size using FSDSxTweak, FSXA, FSDS 3.5.1 (Read 16681 times)
Reply #45 - 20th Jul, 2011 at 12:06am

DaveNunez   Offline
YaBB Moderator
Seattle, Washington

Ok all, here are the pics sent in by Roy. From the maestro:
"Attached are three screenshots. All are WIP at the moment.
1. Panel. The right panel has 3D ASI, ADI, standby ADI, HSI, Altimeter, Torque and Rotor RPM. The numeric readouts are “drums”. Remaining 4 gauges and all the others on the center panel are 2D so far, though switches are 3D. Will be working on night lighting sometime soon.
2. Overhead. The overhead switches and controls are 3D. The circuit breaker panel is 2D so far. Interior parts count is 606 and rising.
3. Exterior. Lot of small details to add, but no rotor shadows thanks to FSDSxTweak! The rotor animation includes pitch and roll."

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
&&
IP Logged

Reply #46 - 20th Jul, 2011 at 12:00pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

DaveNunez wrote on 15th Jul, 2011 at 8:45pm:
del ..\_exterior.mdl
is a completely legal DOS command  Smiley - it will delete the file one directory up called
_exterior.mdl
(which is the mdl file FSDSxTweak produces at the end of compilation).

Okay, my bad. I was "assuming" that the actual filename(s) would be of the type foo_exterior.mdl and foo_interior.mdl...

This is a very atypical naming convention, since the underscore character is rarely used as the first character in a filename.

Typical usage is for the underscore character to be used as a suffix predicate...  Wink

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #47 - 27th Jul, 2011 at 1:15pm

DaveNunez   Offline
YaBB Moderator
Seattle, Washington

You're right about the naming convention thing (on PC at least, in UNIX it's fairly common). The reason I chose that was to reduce the chance of a namespace collision during my process (pick a name no-one else would, and you will hardly ever collide...)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
&&
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print