Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Base Material in FSDS 3.51 (Read 1530 times)
4th Jun, 2011 at 3:36am

FSDSMAN   Offline
LDV Engineer
This was ment to be fun
The Garden Of England

First of all I am not sure if most of you are aware of this.
General belief is that after running the Tweak all base material properties set in the model by FSDS are ignored. Not So.
To test this - if you have a project completed with all the textures and tweaks in place and it is compiled and working in the sim re-compile the model using the same Kfg's but before so if your default material is:
192.192.192. 255
64.64.64. 255
0.0.0. 255
0.0.0. 255
Change this to:
54.54.54. 255
51.51.51. 255
154.154.154. 255
0.0.0. 255
Should make no difference right?
Check the model in FSX after compile !
Base materials in FSDS are not ignored and adjusting this can have visual effects on the models in FSX and vastly improve/detract the appearance and also the texture properties.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 5th Jun, 2011 at 12:06am

DaveNunez   Offline
YaBB Moderator
Seattle, Washington

I wonder if people have this belief because up until v2.8 or so there was a horrible bug in my code that nuked the base material properties  Wink

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
&&
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 8th Jun, 2011 at 12:56am

FSDSMAN   Offline
LDV Engineer
This was ment to be fun
The Garden Of England

It did work in earlier versions also dave - the Mirage had them but as you said one of the updates did put a spanner in the works but it worked fine for the flanker and the new project.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print