Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Working on a Q400 now, few questions! (Read 4957 times)
14th Jul, 2011 at 11:59pm

Boeing227   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!

Hey guys, it is me again! Smiley
I have almost pretty much finished the C-160 Transall flight model, it flies great!
But as you know I am still very new to FDE modelling, but I am also very interested in it!
I have done many other things too, such as fixing jet engine spool ups in planes such as Posky's 747 or an Embraer E175.

Now I am starting a new project, a good FDE for the Dash 8-Q400 by Dreamwings. As you all know, that FDE is pretty much absolute rubbish, it flies like a damn fighter jet and the engines act like they are on a high dosage of cocaine!
So I have fixed quite a few things with it, and one of the things I fixed was the engines. I have got them to spool realistically and the RPMs are all correct now...
EXCEPT one thing, here is Question No. 1:

When I bring the prop levers to FEATHER, the props are not actually going down to feather idle speed. However, when at full throttle, I am able to bring the props from 1020rpm to 850-900rpm like the real plane does. But at idle, the rpm just stays at around 650rpm and doesn't go down to like 200rpm or whatever speed the props turn at when fully feathered. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 6th Sep, 2011 at 3:53am

William   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!
florida

I was thinking about just the same stuff these days. You describe the way it is. In a symphony orchestra, basically you spend half of your time trying to be a great sound amplifier. It is a great craft, but not such an artistic storytelling job. But anyhow, when you accept the symphony job, you have to provide the (good solid) sound thats needed in the context of the big hall, no artistic excuses possible. The jazz artists focusses on storytelling and let the amps do the sound production job. Or am I missing your point Sonic Soldier is really a nice way to describe it .
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------

Do you need a Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register?I think it's very necessary and will give u good performance.This is a very good Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register store,you will like it and this is a Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register,It's very fashionable in teenagers.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print