Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Light up Knobs (Read 1963 times)
5th Sep, 2011 at 3:01pm

PutPut   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I have a life; I still
use FSDS!
Long Beach, Ca.

Here is a picture of the VC of a new project shown at night.  The gauges are successfully back lighted.  How do I get the circled knobs to "glow in the dark"?  I am using FSDS v3.51 and Tweak v2.81.

Thanks,  Paul

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 6th Sep, 2011 at 11:29pm

Au-MaV   Offline
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

Hi Mate
use something like this in tweak

[texture.22]
identifier=lights.bmp
diffuse=lights.dds
specular=lights_spec.dds
emissive=lights_l.dds

EmissiveMode=Blend

fresnel=Fresnel_ramp.dds
environment_level_scale=1
UseGlobalEnvironment=1
BlendEnvironmentByInverseDiffuseAlpha=1
FresnelSpecular=1
FresnelEnvironment=1
AllowBloom=0

or a simpler entry

[texture.26]
identifier=fuel_stripLN.bmp
diffuse=fuel_stripLN.dds
emissive=fuel_stripLN_night.dds
EmissiveMode=Blend

AllowBloom=0

Its been a while but think the above should give you an idea ..there is no difference between _night _l textures you can call them whatever you like....
the  EmissiveMode= has a few different uses....
from the sdk
EmissiveBlend Emissive mode is one of:

Additive

AdditiveNightOnly

Blend

MultiplyBlend

AdditiveUserControlled

AdditiveNightOnlyUserControlled

BlendUserControlled

MultiplyBlendUserControlled

The additive modes add the emissive data to the diffuse date (Addtive applies all the time, AdditiveNightOnly only applies at night time). The Blend mode linear interpolates between the two sets of data, the MultiplyBlend mode is applied progressively as it gets darker, and is typically used to add colored tints to light colored gauge elements. The UserControlled modes indicate that the effect is only to be applied when the Panel lights switch of the aircraft is on.

I used blend in above as I needed a glow in the dark style paint,for your testing try BlendUserControlled...this will throw on and blend the _l texture when the nav lights are turned on.... the _ l texture is just a copy of the orig with anything you want UNlit blacked out ...check the sdk for more in depth info
Wozza

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 9th Sep, 2011 at 2:33am

FSDSMAN   Offline
LDV Engineer
This was ment to be fun
The Garden Of England

If the knobs are 3d modelled parts then you would need a "night or light" map texture aslo for them as well as your default texture. You would then edit the KFG file to point to the night texture and then set the emmisive mode as above.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 9th Sep, 2011 at 12:30pm

PutPut   Offline
I have a life; I still
use FSDS!
Long Beach, Ca.

I did get this to work.  I did have the correct entries in the Tweak.  Apparently, I was not preparing the texture correctly.  Here it is with a separate texture for the 3D knobs which is DXT5.dds with alpha.  I used BlendUserControlled for the emissive mode so they will turn on and off with the panel light switch.

Thanks,  Paul

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print