Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Night Texture showing day and night (Read 2298 times)
5th Aug, 2012 at 8:34pm

deane   Offline
Point Pusher
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Blenheim. New Zealand

I have searched the web over the last two days to try to get night texturing to work on my ship model. I'm using FSDS 3.5.1 and FSDSxTweak to compile to FSX (Acceleration) running on Windows 7.

The _LM texture is a DXT1 with no alpha

My KFG file includes the following for the main texture:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The night texture works fine at night, BUT still shows up during the day over the daytime texture. In the screenshot below its not easy to see, but as well as all the windows, I have circled a few obvious examples:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Any ideas where I am going wrong here? I'm stumped.  Many thanks

Deane
« Last Edit: 5th Aug, 2012 at 10:55pm by deane »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 6th Aug, 2012 at 12:56pm

H_Farfy   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!

Hi Deane

Although FSDSxTweak is the greatest thing since sliced bread you don’t need it if all you wish to do is use a night texture on you object.

Just apply you day texture to your object them make sure that both the day and night texture are in the correct texture folder and in FSDS check the box that tells FSDS that you are going to use a night texture and all should be fine.

H_Farfy

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 6th Aug, 2012 at 5:25pm

deane   Offline
Point Pusher
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Blenheim. New Zealand

Thanks H_Farfy. That is exactly how I have it set up in FSDS, but it does not work. The night texture does not show at all in the sim.

Hence why I started searching for solutions as I thought it may be related to an FSDSxTweak output, as I am using it to apply alpha (reflections) to the daytime texture.

As soon as I add the "Emissive" entry in FSDSxTweak, I get the night texture to show, but also the problem in the day.
So I'm still stuck !

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 6th Aug, 2012 at 7:31pm

H_Farfy   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!

Can you send me the two textures you have made so I can make a simple test with them.
H_Farfy

farfy2@gmail.com

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 7th Aug, 2012 at 4:03pm

garryrussell   Offline
Polygon Twister
I Love FFDS!

Daene

Sorry I can't begin to imagine what your problem might be...but I would like to say what a great looking model that is.

Very nicely finished Smiley

Garry

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 7th Aug, 2012 at 5:48pm

deane   Offline
Point Pusher
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Blenheim. New Zealand

SOLVED - I fixed the issue by re-installing FSDS. Now it works as planned with night textures working based on tagging in FSDS only and no requirement for an entry in FSDSXTweak.  Big thanks to H-farfy for his help over the past two days.

Thanks Garry. I'm pleased with this model. I have completed two of the three New Zealand Interislander Ferries so far.
Some screens here: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Cheers

Deane

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print