Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tweak Error (Read 2428 times)
5th Nov, 2012 at 6:12am

Spad54   Offline
Polygon Twister
Golden Age Simulations
USA

I'm encountering a problem with Tweak that I have not seen before nor have a way of explaining.  I hope someone here can offer a course of action to address.  Using FSDS 3.51 the model compiles normally and is rendered in FSX without issue. The model file sizes are about 4000 KB When I run it through Tweak the compiler crashes and errors out with a series of messages.  Please see attached
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

What could be causing Tweak to crash? Thanks in advance for any assistance with this problem

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 5th Nov, 2012 at 11:39am

PutPut   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I have a life; I still
use FSDS!
Long Beach, Ca.

You might want to email Dave directly with this one; I don't know how often he checks in here, anymore.  The error message is pretty clear, it says your project has too many vertices.  There was a limit of about 64,000 in FS2004.  Work arounds were created; Bill "Lionheart" Ortis led the charge on that one.  However, I don't think that limit exists in FSX.  I have seen much more complex models for FSX ( none of my own, my most complex model was the Martin MB-2 which had about 55,000 points)  This could easily be a problem in Tweak or even in FSDSv3.51.

Best,  Paul

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 5th Nov, 2012 at 11:48am

Spad54   Offline
Polygon Twister
Golden Age Simulations
USA

Thanks.  I've e-mailed him and hopefully will get a response soon.  This model is much less complex than earlier models than  earlier projects that had no problems compiling. I also was of the understanding that with FSX the vertices limit was eliminated.  The fact that the model compiles nominally and renders in FSX before applying Tweak and only after applying Tweak does the vertices limit come into play leads me to believe it's a Tweak issue and not an FSDS one.  When Dave replies and a solution is found, I'll share it here  Vexing to be sure.    Angry

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 6th Nov, 2012 at 5:52pm

Au-MaV   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

have a look here

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 7th Nov, 2012 at 5:59am

Spad54   Offline
Polygon Twister
Golden Age Simulations
USA

okay then.  That does make sense and I'll give it a try.  Thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print