Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"Aircraft Container Manager" - ACM for FSX ? (Read 12241 times)
17th Jan, 2013 at 6:36pm

topmixed   Offline
LDV Engineer
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!<br
/>
Hong Kong

Dear All,

I would like to know where can get the ACM for FSX?

Thx!

Gordon

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 18th Jan, 2013 at 12:28pm

PutPut   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I have a life; I still
use FSDS!
Long Beach, Ca.

ACM is not available for FSX.  Three years ago I had correspondence with Carl Heinz-Klotz the author of ACM.  He told me he was going to rewrite it for FSX but it was a huge undertaking.  A year later I asked him for a progress report and he said real life was in the way and he had not made any progress.  I assume it is dead.
Perhaps we could all discuss the problem with Dave Nunez of FSDSXTweak fame and see if he wants to code something similar.  Just a suggestion.

Best,  Paul

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 18th Jan, 2013 at 2:34pm

topmixed   Offline
LDV Engineer
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!<br
/>
Hong Kong

Dear PutPut,

Thanks for your kindly reply!

Seen to be, I need to use my old computer with Win XP  to open the ACM again for FS2004 and than move the cfg. data to FSX!

Mostly, I need the ACM for visualize calculation of  the gears contact points, CG height, wheel size, mains positions, and the wings area ect.

Did you know any others progammes are the options for above functions?

Thanks!

Gordon

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 18th Jan, 2013 at 10:34pm

PutPut   Offline
I have a life; I still
use FSDS!
Long Beach, Ca.

I have not found a satifactory replacement for ACM in FSX.  I do what you do, but I found a tip in the SOH forum a while back that lets ACM run just fine in Win 7.  It involves adding the files VCL40.bpl, VCLJPG40.bpl and VCBX40.bpl to the root directory of ACM.  It now runs fine on my Win 7 64 bit system and I could get rid of the dual boot.  I found those files with Google but if you have a problem email me at  p.pandj@verizon.net and I will send them to you.

Best,  Paul

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 22nd Jan, 2013 at 1:03am

topmixed   Offline
LDV Engineer
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!<br
/>
Hong Kong

Anybody can install the ACM successfully on Win 7 - 64bit ?

Thx!

Gordon

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 6th Apr, 2013 at 10:19am

maxtac/FFDS   Offline
I love aircrafts!
Rome, Italy

ACM unfortunately cannot work with both windows 7 and 8 at 64 bit.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 6th Apr, 2013 at 11:14am

PutPut   Offline
I have a life; I still
use FSDS!
Long Beach, Ca.

maxtac/FFDS wrote on 6th Apr, 2013 at 10:19am:
ACM unfortunately cannot work with both windows 7 and 8 at 64 bit.

Hi, Massimo,  Long time no hear!  I do have ACM running just fine in Win 7 64 bit by adding the files I mentioned above.  I don't have Win 8 and will probably bypass it like I did with Vista.

Best,  Paul

PS:  I should mention I am running ACM v 2.5  and Win 7 64 bit SP-1
« Last Edit: 6th Apr, 2013 at 12:30pm by PutPut »  
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 7th Apr, 2013 at 4:19am

maxtac/FFDS   Offline
I love aircrafts!
Rome, Italy

Hi Paul,
Sorry but I cannot manage to install ACM25.zip , I have also my official reg number.  I extract files in a temporary  folder and then to install I should run setup.exe but windows 8 tells me tells me that cannot run that file.
In an email You says :
"Be sure to install ACM with the installer and reg number in Win7 before you add the VCL40.bpl, VCLJPG40.bpl and VCBX40.bpl to the installed directory of ACM"

This is not possible because if I do not run the setup I cannot have an installed directory for ACM.

It is like a dog that want to bite his tail!!

I tried also to install setup with compatibility options with Windows XP but no success.

Best, Massimo

P.S. I am running ACM25 with Windows 8 64 bit.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 7th Apr, 2013 at 12:05pm

PutPut   Offline
I have a life; I still
use FSDS!
Long Beach, Ca.

OK, I think the light is beginning to dawn.  I am beginning to believe the problem is the installer itself.  It is old and may not want to work with the newer operating systems.  I am almost sure when I went from WinXP to Win7 (64 bit) I did not reinstall ACM, but just copied it over from XP and then added the .bpl files.  It is a stand alone program so that should work.  I would try it on my wife's laptop but she has the 32 bit version of Win7 so that wouldn't prove anything.

Best, Paul

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 8th Apr, 2013 at 3:44am

maxtac/FFDS   Offline
I love aircrafts!
Rome, Italy

Hi Paul,
you suggested a solution to investigate, that of installing ACM in Windows XP PC and then copy the installed directory with added .bpl files in the newer PC with  Windows 7/8 installed.

I have a Laptop with windows xp so I can try it and see if it works  like you have done.

Massimo

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 8th Apr, 2013 at 4:17am

maxtac/FFDS   Offline
I love aircrafts!
Rome, Italy

Hi Paul, It works !!!

I installed the ACM25 version in my laptop with windows 7 32 bit O.S. ACM installed well with no problems, than I copied the installed directory in  an USB pen and copied it over to my Desktop PC with installed Windows 8 64bit O.S. then I simply added the VCL40.bpl, VCLJPG40.bpl and VCBX40.bpl to the installed directory of ACM in my desktop. Launched the ACM.exe and it works. I have not yet registered the copy when I installed it in my laptop PC, so I was asked to register, I do have a registration code and registered the program. Now it works with no problem at all even if it is installed in Windows 8 64 bit O.S. PC.

I hope that my description can be of some use to other people that want to install ACM with the new operating system. Cheesy Grin

Many Thanks Paul you addressed me to the right solution of the problem.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print