Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re : FSX Gobbles FPS (Read 1202 times)
16th Feb, 2013 at 7:22pm

johnman   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!
Mount Vernon Ohio

Hey Guys,

When I built My latest Computer - I figgured - Me and FS were going to get along fine ! This was - and is - a Quad core Amd Processor - 2gigs of ram - and a reasonably decent 1gig Video Card ! As long as I was Hammering Fs9 - things were fine - Plenty of fps .

Then in a flash of Brilliance - I changed over to FSX - Holy Shlamollie - Fps's went South in a HURRY - Mildred would actually crash out flying over a City - even with the Sliders FAAAR Left - Obviously Upgrade time ! Added 2gig of Ram ( 4gig total ) and a 2gig video card !

Margional Improvement - I could Waffle along at 4 or 5 fps - flying over Anchorage or Vancouver ! I could even Nudge the sliders over to the Right slightly ! And as long as I was Not over a city - the country side would slide by at 20 or 30 fps. Not totally satisfied - but almost acceptable !

Well today the friendly Postal delivery person dropped off the answer and Mildred now has New Life - a 3.5 gig Processor is what I was waiting for !! Now the sliders are all slid to the Right and Fps is allways over 9 or 10 . No more Vancouver Herky Jerky !! that Little Yellow Dot in the sky is Johnmans Super Cub Flying High over the Scenic Wonders of the Great northern Continent !! Cheesy Grin

Isn't Having Fun Great !!

Johnman

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print