Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re : attachpt LIghts (Read 1996 times)
22nd Feb, 2013 at 10:25am

johnman   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!
Mount Vernon Ohio

Hello All,

Not necessarily a problem - I think - ??

I am working on Adam Howes Pa 28 Cherokee Tutorial in FSDS 3.5 - Have slogged My way through Geometry - Animation - and Texture's - with minimal Brain Damage !

Decided to Literup and proceded Fairly Smooth - Its something I have done before - The ground Splash for the Landing light was a Night Mare But I finally got it worked out - Got to looking at Attach points - and decided to do the Nav Lites and beacon in FSDS - actually worked out well and I was Happy  Cheesy

Then We went for a spinn around Ketchican - and My Little Indian flys fairly decent ( as a Faux Mooney )!!

Here's the problem - on Climb out I turned off the Landing Lite ( cntl l ) - and it went out  Tongue - and so did all the other lites - all the switches did the same thing ?? - the Lights were either all ON - or all OFF ??? Undecided

Two questions :

Is this because they are classified as General LIght  in the PartDataDefs file ??

Can they be Classified as Some thing else so they will work with the rest of the Aircraft ??  Lips Sealed

I'm running the lites in FSX for Now but I would like to have the option for Attach Point Lites ??

Not sure but I think I have included some WIP shots ?? Undecided

Johnman

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 22nd Feb, 2013 at 11:23am

Fr. Bill   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Yes, "general lights" means "landing lights" in reality. You need to add entries to your modeldef.xml file to use the rest of the light switches.

Code:
  <!-- exterior and interior lights -->

<PartInfo>
    <Name>light_battery_vis</Name>
    <Visibility>
      <Parameter>
        <Sim>
          <Variable>ELECTRICAL MASTER BATTERY</Variable>
          <Units>bool</Units>
        </Sim>
      </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>light_batteryOFF_vis</Name>
    <Visibility>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>
          (A:ELECTRICAL MASTER BATTERY,bool) 0 ==
        </Code>
      </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>light_panel_vis</Name>
    <Visibility>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>
          (A:LIGHT PANEL,bool)
          (A:ELECTRICAL MASTER BATTERY,bool)
          and
        </Code>
      </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>light_panelOFF_vis</Name>
    <Visibility>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>
          (A:LIGHT PANEL,bool) 0 ==
          or
        </Code>
      </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>light_strobe_vis</Name>
    <Visibility>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>
          (A:LIGHT STROBE,bool)
          and
        </Code>
      </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>light_strobe_off</Name>
    <Visibility>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>
          (A:LIGHT STROBE,bool) !
          (A:ELECTRICAL MASTER BATTERY,bool) !
          or
        </Code>
      </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>light_landing_vis</Name>
    <Visibility>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>
          (A:LIGHT LANDING,bool)
          and
        </Code>
      </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>light_landing_off</Name>
    <Visibility>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>
          (A:LIGHT LANDING,bool) !
          or
        </Code>
      </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>light_taxi_vis</Name>
    <Visibility>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>
          (A:LIGHT TAXI,bool)
          and
        </Code>
      </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>light_taxi_off</Name>
    <Visibility>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>
          (A:LIGHT TAXI,bool) !
          or
        </Code>
      </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>light_beacon_vis</Name>
    <Visibility>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>
          (A:LIGHT BEACON,bool)
          and
        </Code>
      </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>light_beacon_off</Name>
    <Visibility>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>
          (A:LIGHT BEACON,bool) !
          or
        </Code>
      </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>light_nav_vis</Name>
    <Visibility>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>
          (A:LIGHT NAV,bool)
          and
        </Code>
      </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>light_nav_vis_off</Name>
    <Visibility>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>
          (A:LIGHT NAV,bool) 0 ==
          or
        </Code>
      </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>light_logo_vis</Name>
    <Visibility>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>
          (A:LIGHT LOGO,bool)
          and
        </Code>
      </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>light_logo_invis</Name>
    <Visibility>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>
          (A:LIGHT LOGO,bool) !
        </Code>
      </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>light_wing_vis</Name>
    <Visibility>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>
          (A:LIGHT WING,bool)
          and
        </Code>
      </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>light_recog_vis</Name>
    <Visibility>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>
          (A:LIGHT RECOGNITION,bool)
          and
        </Code>
      </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>light_cabin_vis</Name>
    <Visibility>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>
          (A:LIGHT CABIN,bool)
          and
        </Code>
      </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
  </PartInfo>

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 22nd Feb, 2013 at 2:34pm

Tom/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Jets are for kids!

Welcome back, Bill!  Smiley  I guess you got your login problem solved.

Tom Gibson

California Classic Propliners: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

AlcoHauler Locomotive Page: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

San Diego Model RR Museum: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 23rd Feb, 2013 at 1:09pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Yes, I finally made the time to email Felix and have him straighten out the password issue. Cheesy

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 24th Feb, 2013 at 6:10pm

johnman   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!
Mount Vernon Ohio

Hey fr.bill,

Sorry I didn't get right back with you - but Friday evening I caught a bug - which was a combination of Hugging the Porcilin Princess and the Saigon Two Step - LIke when You drink to much Bam E Bam and Your GI track turns into the Saigon River - Not a fun Saturday !!

Any How - Various Combinations of several different attempts to rectify the situation have proven more frustration  - this is something that I have done in Fs9 -0 why can't it be as simple in FSX - Thank You ACES - The improvements they made - make it - allmost worth the the frustration they created - starting with this Xtomdl nightmare !!  Cheesy

There's My Rant - here's where Were I'm at now - I have found what looks like the updated modeldef.xml file - I had the wrong file in my Pref's directory - so now  - The Attach point lights - cnt l - All light on - all lights off - l - all lights on - all lights off ??

went into the modeldef.xml file and took the variable name for each light and changed the name - general_light - to the variable in the modeldef.xml file same result  Cheesy

will include copies af both files

Johnman

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 24th Feb, 2013 at 6:20pm

johnman   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!
Mount Vernon Ohio

Hey Fr.Bill
I think this is the important part of the PartDataDefs file
All else is too long !

attachpt_landing_1      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <FSMakeMdlData version="9.0"> <Attachpoint name="attachpt_landing_1"> <AttachedObject> <Effect

effectName="fx_landing" effectParams=""/> </AttachedObject> </Attachpoint> <Visibility name="general_light"> </Visibility> </FSMakeMdlData>

attachpt_taxi_1      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <FSMakeMdlData version="9.0"> <Attachpoint name="attachpt_taxi_1"> <AttachedObject> <Effect

effectName="fx_landing" effectParams=""/> </AttachedObject> </Attachpoint> <Visibility name="taxi_light"> </Visibility> </FSMakeMdlData>

attachpt_landing_2      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <FSMakeMdlData version="9.0"> <Attachpoint name="attachpt_landing_2"> <AttachedObject> <Effect

effectName="fx_landing" effectParams=""/> </AttachedObject> </Attachpoint> <Visibility name="light_landing"> </Visibility> </FSMakeMdlData>

attachpt_beacon_1      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <FSMakeMdlData version="9.0"> <Attachpoint name="attachpt_beacon_1"> <AttachedObject> <Effect

effectName="fx_beacon" effectParams=""/> </AttachedObject> </Attachpoint> <Visibility name="general_light"> </Visibility> </FSMakeMdlData>

attachpt_obslight_1      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <FSMakeMdlData version="9.0"> <Attachpoint name="attachpt_obslight_1"> <AttachedObject> <Effect

effectName="fx_lightObsRedSteady" effectParams=""/> </AttachedObject> </Attachpoint> <Visibility name="general_light"> </Visibility> </FSMakeMdlData>

attachpt_beacon_2      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <FSMakeMdlData version="9.0"> <Attachpoint name="attachpt_beacon_2"> <AttachedObject> <Effect

effectName="fx_beacon" effectParams=""/> </AttachedObject> </Attachpoint> <Visibility name="light_beacon"> </Visibility> </FSMakeMdlData>

attachpt_rednav_1      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <FSMakeMdlData version="9.0"> <Attachpoint name="attachpt_rednav_1"> <AttachedObject> <Effect

effectName="fx_navred" effectParams=""/> </AttachedObject> </Attachpoint> <Visibility name="general_light"> </Visibility> </FSMakeMdlData>

attachpt_rednav_2      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <FSMakeMdlData version="9.0"> <Attachpoint name="attachpt_rednav_2"> <AttachedObject> <Effect

effectName="fx_navred" effectParams=""/> </AttachedObject> </Attachpoint> <Visibility name="light_nav"> </Visibility> </FSMakeMdlData>

attachpt_greennav_1      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <FSMakeMdlData version="9.0"> <Attachpoint name="attachpt_greennav_1"> <AttachedObject> <Effect

effectName="fx_navgre" effectParams=""/> </AttachedObject> </Attachpoint> <Visibility name="general_light"> </Visibility> </FSMakeMdlData>

attachpt_greennav_2      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <FSMakeMdlData version="9.0"> <Attachpoint name="attachpt_greennav_1"> <AttachedObject> <Effect

effectName="fx_navgre" effectParams=""/> </AttachedObject> </Attachpoint> <Visibility name="light_nav"> </Visibility> </FSMakeMdlData>

attachpt_recog_1      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <FSMakeMdlData version="9.0"> <Attachpoint name="attachpt_recog_1"> <AttachedObject> <Effect

effectName="fx_recog" effectParams=""/> </AttachedObject> </Attachpoint> <Visibility name="general_light"> </Visibility> </FSMakeMdlData>

attachpt_recog_2      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <FSMakeMdlData version="9.0"> <Attachpoint name="attachpt_recog_2"> <AttachedObject> <Effect

effectName="fx_recog" effectParams=""/> </AttachedObject> </Attachpoint> <Visibility name="general_light"> </Visibility> </FSMakeMdlData>

attachpt_strobe_1      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <FSMakeMdlData version="9.0"> <Attachpoint name="attachpt_strobe_1"> <AttachedObject> <Effect

effectName="fx_strobe" effectParams=""/> </AttachedObject> </Attachpoint> <Visibility name="light strobe"> </Visibility> </FSMakeMdlData>

attachpt_strobe_2      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <FSMakeMdlData version="9.0"> <Attachpoint name="attachpt_strobe_2"> <AttachedObject> <Effect

effectName="fx_strobe" effectParams=""/> </AttachedObject> </Attachpoint> <Visibility name="light strobe"> </Visibility> </FSMakeMdlData>

attachpt_whitenav_1      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <FSMakeMdlData version="9.0"> <Attachpoint name="attachpt_whitenav_1"> <AttachedObject> <Effect

effectName="fx_navwhi" effectParams=""/> </AttachedObject> </Attachpoint> <Visibility name="general_light"> </Visibility> </FSMakeMdlData>

attachpt_whitenav_2      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <FSMakeMdlData version="9.0"> <Attachpoint name="attachpt_whitenav_2"> <AttachedObject> <Effect

effectName="fx_navwhi" effectParams=""/> </AttachedObject> </Attachpoint> <Visibility name="light nav"> </Visibility> </FSMakeMdlData>

Johnman  Tongue   

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print