Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re : Screen Shots - Wip's (Read 2619 times)
22nd Feb, 2013 at 10:48am

johnman   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!
Mount Vernon Ohio

Hey Guys,

Just did a post on the Design Form - and tried to include a WIP - This should be a fairly Simple Processes - But it seems to Elude Me - How about a Quick Tutorial on _ Insert a Picture ??  Lips Sealed

Johnman

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 23rd Feb, 2013 at 3:38pm

Daniel   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!

It's very simple.

Upload your image to any host you may like. Imageshack, photobucket etc.

Get your direct link to the image and past it into to your post Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 23rd Feb, 2013 at 5:02pm

johnman   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!
Mount Vernon Ohio

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for the reply - Not sure how this is going to work out - but I think I Have the Idea - actually its pretty COOL - I Guess I'll get used to it  Tongue - I would have never figgured it out - THANKS Again !!

Johnman

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 6th Mar, 2013 at 10:38am

Fr. Bill   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

That's looking terrific! Keep up with the good work.  Cool

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 7th Mar, 2013 at 5:46pm

johnman   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!
Mount Vernon Ohio

Hey Guys,

Thanks For all Your replies ! My intention was to actually make this a WIP and Now I have to get around to doing it !!

I have been modeling in 3dsMax for Fs9 - for the past few Years .  Then I decided to switch every thing over to FsX – Getting everything set up was fun – Getting back all My Favorite Airplanes – and Scenery – I really fell in Love with the Scenery – Its Why I made the change !!

I did run into a couple of Speed Bumps  Tongue

First was the FPS Boogieman – Flying over cities was Hazardous – FPS’s would Crash out the bottom !!
After changing out My Video Card and Adding more memory I got a slight improvement – But Not Much – at least I wouldn’t Crash crossing Anchorage ! - the real improvement came when I upgraded My Processor – from 2.4 ghz to 3.5 ghz – Now I can slide the sliders Right  - and maintain FPS Even crossing Vancouver !!

The next Speed Bump was when I got back to modeling – Completely different world !! – Went to WAR with XtoMdl and couldn’t get the SDK to work with 3dsMax . After Raking through My Hard drive I found a copy of FSDS 3.5 – and remembered how easy it was to use ( or should I say how Simple it was to use ) – I also remember how Un Elegent it was !! After using 3dsMax for 3 years – I’m going to change over to FSDS 3.5 – How insane is that – Desperation Creates Strange Bedfellows !!

Well I bought Adam Howes Aircraft Design Guide and Off to the Firey Mountain I went. – Adam covers everything – Period – from scaling Your BackGround Images to the Virtual Cockit – Texturing – Painting – Animation – Contact Points – and Light’n’er’up.

My experience with FSDS 3.5 has been very different – Not Unpleasent – But Not the way I have been doing things  - I find that taking a Point Pushing – Polygon Drawing – Part Splitting Approach – I can do everything in FSDS that I did in 3DS – and when I decide to Check’er’outinthe’simm – its as simple as – saving the file – and opening up FSX !! and there She is in all her Glory – Do a couple of go arounds !!

I was a bit disappointed with Boolean – but I found that by pushing points and splitting parts I could maintain My Geometry – and still get the cuts that I needed !  Cheesy

So far I am Pleasently Pleased with the results – and am just about ready to start creating the virtual Cockpit !
( Book 6 )

Now a couple of WIPs  Smiley

Johnman

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 7th Mar, 2013 at 6:43pm

johnman   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!
Mount Vernon Ohio

Lets see if this is going to Work

Fuselage - ready for Openings

Windows - Doors and - and Coweling Inlet

Expooded View - ready for Textures

Textures

That was sort of Neat

Johnman

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 11th Mar, 2013 at 5:36pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Oh my. I do wish that you'd asked for help in getting Max setup to work with XtoMDL, as it really is not that difficult. There are a few gottchas one might run into, but nothing that a few minutes wouldn't set to rights...

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 12th Mar, 2013 at 2:32pm

johnman   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!
Mount Vernon Ohio

Hey Bill,
( Is The Fr. Required ?? )

Thanks for the Reply - and Yes I will Post something when I get back to modeling in 3dsmax - it is certainly My preferrred program !! - I just want to finnish this Cherokee Project in FSDS First - I am just pleasently Surprised - that I am able to do everything - in FSDS that I can Do in 3dsMax - Just differntly - Part of the learning process !!

I am also going to come back with something on the attach points thing with the Nav Lites and Landing Lites Should be able to work this out ?? - on My todo list !!

Are We still having Fun  Cheesy

Johnman

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 21st Mar, 2013 at 2:35pm

harkonnen_Glenn Crowell   Offline
Spline Extruder
Waddya mean I have to
think!?

Hiya Johnman  Cool  Looking good bud, glad you figured out the picture posting procedure. I used to enjoy posting all my WIPS over at SurClaro (deep sigh) Keep the shots coming, looking forward to see it progress,  (looks like you're having fun with it!)

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 24th Mar, 2013 at 11:24am

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

johnman wrote on 12th Mar, 2013 at 2:32pm:
Hey Bill,
( Is The Fr. Required ?? )

No, it's not required at all. Smiley Whenever you do get back into Max, just let me know and I'll help you get things sorted out.

Fr. Bill
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print