Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Offending Textures? (Read 1047 times)
27th Mar, 2013 at 5:35am

jcrous   Offline
Polygon Twister
SKLYF
Cape Town, South Africa.

I have recently asked a question on another forum, named,
Solid prop circles in FSX, where an aircraft that I have drawn into FSX from FS2004 displayed solid prop circles.

The forum members said I must use DXT2BMP to convert the propcircle texture. In the end I used another version that displayed correctly.

Now I have drawn in the Feelthere Caravan of FS2004 and I had the same propcircle problem. I also had black textures inside the aircraft when I view sideways and forward the panel textures are missing. The gauges were there.

This Feelthere Caravan do not have a seperate .mdl vile for the internal cockpit but in FS2004 the 2D panel as well as the virtual cockpit diplayed like the default ones. The 2D panel do not have bitmap side views but make use of the virtual cockpit views.

In FSX however the panel is the only part that display partually, with all gauges present. Outside the propcircle is black. I have copied the interious.mdl file of the default cockpit into this model directory and made reference to the file in the model.cfg and everything is displaying as it should. I had to make he eyepoint view .5 more forward as the headreasts were not displaying corrctly.

I have only one problem: From inside looking outside, none of the windows are transparent. Can I use DXT2BMP to rectify the textures?

I must add that I like this Feelthere Caravan as it is well designed, not problematic and also features a 2D panel. I have logged a lot of hours on this aircraft in FS2004 and I really would like to refurbish it for FSX.

Regards
Johan
jcrous1@gmail.com
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 13th Apr, 2013 at 12:24pm

jcrous   Offline
Polygon Twister
SKLYF
Cape Town, South Africa.

DXT textures solved the problem. The Feelthere caravan is now flying the FSX skies.

Regards
Johan
jcrous1@gmail.com
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print