Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
3DSMAX Linking problem (Read 1117 times)
28th May, 2013 at 10:49am

ukmil   Offline
Spline Extruder
I Love FFDS!

Ok, after years of using GMAX with no issues, for many models, I am attempting to assist someone who has a 3dsmax model.

My first issue, is the  'link' feature.  In gmax, never had an issue with this, but in 3Dsmax 2012, I cannot get it to work correctly.

My issue is the nose leg

I have animated the bottom section first, for steering and it works fine. It steers left/right using the rudder key

as soon as I link to the nose leg, the animation goes all over the place.

As the leg retracts, the bottom section steers off an a different anlge to how it should?

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?  Cheesy

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 28th May, 2013 at 6:16pm

Tom/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Jets are for kids!

Perhaps the animation controller is not set to Linear?

Tom Gibson

California Classic Propliners: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

AlcoHauler Locomotive Page: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

San Diego Model RR Museum: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 29th May, 2013 at 5:30am

ukmil   Offline
Spline Extruder
I Love FFDS!

thanks Tom, I will see what that is.  Like I said 3dsmax is new to me, and I liked Gmax, as it just 'worked' without having to worry about linear settings  Cheesy

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 30th May, 2013 at 11:34am

Fr. Bill   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Max is setup to use Bezier transform controllers by default. The modeler should take the time necessary to reconfigure Max to always use Linear Transform controllers by default.  Cool

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print