Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
VC gauge lighting clarification (Read 1425 times)
13th Jun, 2013 at 1:16pm

Biggles   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!

I'm trying to wrap my head around "14.5 Emissive Panel Lighting", but it keeps running into a brick wall, and it's severely bruised.

I'm adept at the simple method of VC panel building, where you apply a dummy texture (e.g. "$pan1") to a square part, then rotate the part 180 degrees on the X, and flip the poly. I then go into FSPS and reference a stock gauge or gauges (I do not create many of my own gauges). All of that so far works good. During day flights, the VC looks like it should, and all the gauges work.

What has always been lacking for me is VC emissive panel lighting. Up till now my panel lighting has been restricted to using the old vclight entry in the [LIGHTS] section of the aircraft.cfg file, which I'm unimpressed with. I've studied Fsdsxtweak's approach to emissive panel lighting, and have attempted to make it work on countless occasions, without success. I'm missing something, obviously. The manual doesn't talk about how much of the old method is retained (paragraph 2 above), or if the steps are modified in any way. The screenshot in 14.5 of the manual shows a texture file $vc1 with no file extension (similar to the dummy file) in the Diffuse box under General Maps. So I'm guessing I refer to the dummy $pan1 file there. Maybe that's wrong, since if it's a dummy file, how can it also be diffuse? I understand how to create the emissive map, so I don't think that's my problem.

Rather than continuing to ramble on about how I'm currently doing things, if anyone who uses FSDS and Fsdsxtweak to successfully create emissive VC panel lighting wouldn't mind replying with very simple step-by-step instructions I would be most grateful.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 15th Jun, 2013 at 5:01am

FSDSMAN   Offline
LDV Engineer
This was ment to be fun
The Garden Of England

Give me an email and also a sample of your KFG and texture

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 19th Jun, 2013 at 1:11am

Biggles   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!