Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Setting up for first time, questions already (Read 1622 times)
24th Jul, 2013 at 11:40pm

BriansJet   Offline
Spline Extruder
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hello,

Many thanks for FSDSxTweak! I'm working on adjusting material properties to modify their emissive and specular values. Upon running FSDSxTweak_Plugin, in the Materials pane, appear bitmaps for the textures used (six total). I cannot find any list of the actual material names that are found in the FSDS project, for which 17 material names are being used. Wondering if I might be missing a step - the .kfg files (external & internal) were created by navigating to the project's FSDS .fsc file then changing their suffixes to .kfg. The tweak plugin window does appear and allows me to navigate around, just don't know how to find the material names that need to be edited. Many thanks.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 25th Jul, 2013 at 1:25pm

BriansJet   Offline
Spline Extruder
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

After rechecking some things, it seems the textures are what needs editing after all. So far there is one (a glass texture) that refuses to show up in the materials window. I also have an issue with the interior file; when attempting to edit that with the Tweak plugin, a message comes up "No temp_interior_x.file found to import parts from. Will not import parts. (Did you build the model in FSDS?)".

Initially I had combined the exterior & VC models into one project, same as how it's done when compiling normally using FSDS; I've since split the exteior & VC into separate models, yet still have the error message above. Apologies for all the questions out of the gate, I am just looking forward to getting the tweaks working. Thanks again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print