Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Engine start effects (Read 1234 times)
19th Aug, 2014 at 4:06am

daveh   Offline
Polygon Twister
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I've been making an engine start effect for a piston engine and using the FSX Effects Tool to test and edit it. Nice tool, wish it had been available for FS9.

The effect file has separate emitters for the left and right exhausts.
Provided the position of the effect is offset using the tool, the effect appears to work ok. But if it is not offset, the effect
does not work properly. It appears that all the emitter offsets in the effects file are ignored and all particles are generated from a single point  Huh.
When the effect is used as the engine start in the [EFFECTS] section of the aircraft.cfg, the same problem occurs. All the
emitter offsets in the effects file are ignored and all particles are generated from a single point.
As the engine startup effect is linked to the engine position, by 'moving' the engine outside the fuselage I confirmed the
problem, emitter offsets ignored.

Did not have this problem with FS9. Is this a known issue with FSX and is there a workaround?

Think I've found the answer in this thread Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
If I understand correctly, emitter offsets simply don't work in FSX and must use attachpoints instead. Bit of a pain but that's progress for you.
« Last Edit: 19th Aug, 2014 at 3:44pm by daveh »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print