Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is FFD Dead? (Read 3372 times)
14th Jul, 2015 at 9:21am

Fr. Bill   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

There has been zero activity here for a very, very long time. In fact, the most recent post was a SPAM message in the "20th Century Bohemian Productions" forum...  Undecided

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 22nd Jul, 2015 at 2:33am

Max   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!
Rome, Italy

It's a pity , I don't understand why, maybe that the most part of developers once present on this forum have lost  interest in flight simulation. Periodically I comes here with the hope of some resurrection. Sigh....

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 25th Jul, 2015 at 2:08am

Frank - FFDS   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!
San Diego

Frank Safranek here.  One of the founders.  Unless Felix found a fix there was an issue with being able to log in.  We suspected the forum had been hacked and we had/have been locked out.  It didn't recognize me with my old login info so I just had to create a new account so I could type this. 

It does seem that interest in the forum has lessened.  At one time this was THE PLACE to go but as other forums have added developer sections and with the increase in popularity of Arno's FSDeveloper site folks are going to several places. 

The content in the regular website is quite dated now so that certainly isn't the draw it once was a decade ago.

Frank Safranek
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 31st Jul, 2015 at 11:22am

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Hi Frank! Since I never (intentionally) log out, I was unaware that there ever was a problem with logging in...  Cheesy

There are still some valuable 'tutorial posts' in various forums. Perhaps those could be 'rescued' and posted elsewhere for posterity's sake.

As you've noted though, a lot of the information is now sadly out of date.

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 14th Aug, 2015 at 1:23pm

Tom/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Jets are for kids!

Hi,

I'm one of the founders too (Hi Frank!) and echo what he has said - other sites have taken over the forum duties for the most part, and the rest of the site is pretty dated.  Felix doesn't have time for the site, and the rest of us have moved on in various ways.

Take care,

Tom Gibson

California Classic Propliners: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

AlcoHauler Locomotive Page: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

San Diego Model RR Museum: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 30th Aug, 2015 at 7:05pm

Wozza   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!

LOL been locked out for years...never thought to try to re-register Smiley
Anyway I use this site all the time as a great database of info... some of the old stuff is still relevant and helps to jog the old gray matter from time to time Cheesy
Maybe when it is time for this site to go, the posts can be moved over to fsdeveloper.com as read only database.....as the saying go's "if you forget the past you are doomed to repeat it " Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 3rd Sep, 2015 at 11:23am

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Hi Wozza! I try to remember to click on my toolbar's link to this site at least once each week, just in case...

I too value the posts that have been made here over the years. Even though a lot of them are no longer relevant, there's still a lot of good stuff also!  Wink

Fr. Bill
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print