Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Animation Not Working (Read 1177 times)
4th Oct, 2015 at 10:33pm

RadDF   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!

Software : FSDS 3.5.1 / FSDSxTweak 2.8

I have been working on my latest FSX project for the last few years, on-off...mostly off.  At one point all my animations I had where working fine, flaps, gears, etc...

Today I tried to get back into it and added a couple of parts and compiled.  No errors but when in FSX all animated parts don't move.  Landing gear are in the up position.  Flaps in up position and will not lower.  Flight controls don't move either. 

I tried just the FSDS compiler and then the build from FSDSxTweak (after I had to set it up as all settings from before were gone...). 

All animated parts used to work and all are child parts to a parent.  I kind of do remember something about materials that could cause issues.  Log files show nothing wrong.

Any ideas where to look?  What materials need FSDSxTweak to work?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 5th Oct, 2015 at 8:37pm

RadDF   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!

I found the issue. 

When I built the plane I keep all temp files and went through the animation files to see what the last part was I worked on.  It was the nose gear doors.  I deleted them and everything worked.  I am glad the file listed them in the order I worked on them otherwise I'd go crazy trying to find which part was the issue.

The issue was I didn't animate them for all the key-frames they use.  I only went to 100 instead of 200.

Sorry for posting.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print